Charles started pre-school on Tuesday at Discoveries! It's a place that one of my friends spoke highly of. So I decided to check it out and it seemed like a great program. Their focus is to allow kids to learn though exploration and manipulation of their environment, particularly nature and the everyday things around them. A perfect fit for most kids who just love exploring in the outdoors. Charles is also not the kind of kid that likes to just sit their and do dittos and worksheets. Then again I don't know many kids who do enjoy that at this age. Plus there will be plenty of time for that in gradeschool. And as many returning parents of Discoveries have told me...their kids still learn all the skills that you would expect for preparation of kindergarten. I really can't wait to see Charles growth over the next few years.
 |
| This is the best picture I got from a very excited little boy |
 |
| He even gets his own locker |
 |
| Charles with his teacher, Mrs. Scranton |
So Tuesday morning Charles was up early, dressed, with shoes and backpack on before 7 am. He even ate breakfast with his backpack strapped to him. Then of course asked me every 5 minutes if it was time to go yet. He was so excited to see so many of his friends in his class. I'm excited to see how he does in this new pre-school environment. It is such a neat place. He will be gone 4 days a week from 8:30-11:30. I don't know what I'm going to do with 1 kid in hand but I will admit running errands will be a little faster!
 |
| Time to gather on the carpet first thing in the morning |
 |
| Charles with his buddy Coli |
1 comment:
Ah man, CBW III is getting way too big, way too fast.
Hope he doesn't grow up too soon!
Hope he loves school!
Post a Comment