Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Random Summer Happenings...

Summer is in full swing and I am spending more time with the kiddos outside than inside blogging. My camera has also been MIA during most outings and that is manly due to juggling Zofia. Little stinker still doesn't want to walk so I am doing a lot of carrying. Although when she does start to walk I'm sure I will be doing a lot of chasing her around so I'm in no hurry for her to take off.

And since I don't have much time to write a longer blog, here are some very random pictures to recap a few things...

Illinois Valley Striders had a youth running series every monday night this past month. The kids got their own running bibs and ran a 1/4 or 1/2 mile loop in their age category. They were even timed 
and won ribbons at each race. The kids just loved being able to be in a real race just like mommy.



Aniela and Charles with our neighbors

At the last race this past monday. Each child received their very own trophy. What a great program!
Granny treated the Grandkids and moms to the Spirit of Peoria. It was really neat and the kids loved the 2 hour cruise down the Illinois river.
Aniela building again....I'm thinking architect?
We have been swimming a ton. The weather has been hot and the kids are really doing great with their swimming.

Third child has everything done for them!


Zoe loves putting shoes on her hands. Maybe thats why she doesn't walk on her feet?



Getting into everything


And getting onto everything...she is a climber

Loving that she can try all the "good" food.  Here she is plowing into a donut!


Why stop at donuts. Lets try lollipops too! 


Our garden is coming in great. Here is a bucket full of lettuce and swiss chard
I have been meaning to write about our owl friend too.  He flew in to our yard a few weeks ago and stayed there for a few hours.

It didn't seem right to me so I called Paws and they came to rescue him. He indeed was hurt and only had one eye. The rescuer said they would let a vet take a good look at him and that he would be a great candidate for a program that takes in animals and uses them to teach kids about local wildlife at schools. We hope our owl friend is doing well!

No comments: