Last fall Aniela and I decided to keep growing our hair out and donate it to Locks of Love. I have always wanted to do it and have been blessed with thick hair that grows pretty fast. Fortunately, Aniela is the same way and we went for it. Yesterday the day finally came to chop it all off...10 inches minimum!
 |
| Pre-cut |
Aniela went first and our hairstylist, Brock, was amazing. Considering it was Aniela's first salon experience, Brock went all out to make it fun and gave her the full treatment. He has 2 little girls himself so he was a softy when it came to cutting her hair and making sure she loved it. She did such a great job and fit right in at the salon with her non-stop chatter...that girl likes to talk! We all love her haircut. It just suits her. She literally has been on cloud nine since yesterday. No more tangles and she can brush it out all on her own.
 |
| Tying it off into sections |
 |
| The shampoo |
 |
| The cut |
 |
| "Yes...I did it!" |
Then it was my turn and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. Not because I was losing my hair but more of how I would look with short hair. I've always had shoulder length hair or longer and since I have a rounder face I wasn't sure if I would like it. But I do! It had to be cut pretty short do to the minimum 10 inches and the layering on top of that to tame by mane down. And I will actually have to style my hair now and use product. I am such a low maintenance girl and will have to get used to that part but I figure since it won't take me 20 minutes to dry it I can use that time to style. Maybe I'll actually look put together now. Although Charlie gives me 2 weeks before the baseball cap comes out..ha! Speaking of Charlie, he loves long hair, so I know he was more nervous than me. But he thought it turned out really cute and likes it. I teased him and told him it was like being with a whole new woman.


This whole experience was really about Locks of Love. It was a great way to teach Aniela about what other children are going through in their lives and how we can do something so simple to help make a difference. I am so proud of you Aniela and loved having a special mother/daughter day with you!
2 comments:
two cute chicks with cute short hair
Both of your hair cuts look great and it was for a great cause. It will grow back in no time :)
Post a Comment