Monday, April 2, 2012

13.1...


So the last few months I have been training for a 1/2 marathon and yesterday was finally my race day! Having 3 kids and a husband who travels made my training difficult, but I ran when I could and had to make the days I did run count. I also have to thank the grandparents for watching the kids countless number of times so I could quickly get a run in...I couldn't have done it without them!

I ran the Chi-town half marathon in downtown Chicago. It was right along the lake front. Beautiful day, awesome scenery, and the race was a great size of about 3,000 runners. I had an awesome run and beat my last 1/2 marathon time, which was my goal. I finished the race in 1h 47m which is a 8:12 minute per mile pace. I could never have imagined I could run that pace. I have come a long way considering I finished my first half, in 2007, in 2h 30m. I keep getting faster after each baby. A few more kids and I will reach my sub-8 pace goal...ha!

My support team before the race

While I ran Charlie took the kids for some donuts in Old Town Chicago

Then they walked along the lake front

Boy did this race challenge me physically and mentally. It's the first time I have run a race and felt that I pushed myself as hard as I possibly could. I have to thank my husband for that....he is very good at applying just the right pressure to get me to reach my goal. I hate him for it before the race and then thank him countlessly afterwards. I think he believes in me and knows what I am capable of doing more than I know myself!

1 comment:

Pam said...

You run girl ... you run!!!!

You rock girl ... you rock!!!