Monday, December 5, 2011

We Adopted...

An Elf! Granny and Grandpa sent us home with a gift package earlier last week. When the kids opened it they were thrilled to see that it was our very own Elf on the Shelf. The kids decided to name him Sammy. Poor Charlie was outvoted...he really liked fruitcake?! Only Charlie would want a name like that!

Sammy up on the kitchen cabinets

Many already know but for those who don't here is a summary: The Elf is magical and every night comes alive and flies back to Santa to tell him if Aniela and Charles were naughty or nice during the day. Then in the morning he reappears in a different place. Now the kids can't touch him or he loses his magical powers. Then on Christmas Eve when he hears Santa's sleigh bells he leaves for the North Pole for the last time and returns the following year. Now how fun is that!

Playing hide and seek

I have wanted to get an Elf on the Shelf ever since I have heard about it from various friends and read about it all over blog land. It is such a fun tradition and one that you just can't pass up while the kids are young. I especially like that I can repeatedly say, "You better be good because Sammy is watching." So far Sammy is helping me out a ton!

Just hanging out on the chandelier

We think Sammy missed some of Santa's reindeer


Aniela and Charles have woken up every morning and the very first thing they do is search all over the house for Sammy. They even talk with him during the day. It really is fun to see their excitement and innocence during this time of year. It's like being a kid all over again!

2 comments:

tod said...

Sammy's a wise ol' elf.

Gotta appreciate his ability to find a new spot to watch over the Watts household.

We're glad A & C are enjoying the elf's visit.

Granny and Grandpa

Kevin and Elzbieta said...

Ohh I love that idea about Elf! Thanks for sharing. I should do that too. Maybe I will do that next year if I find an elf. Am wondering where Tod and Pam get that elf.

See you soon. Love you!