Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Zofia Is Eating...

Zofia waiting patiently for her food

Well we are nearing 6 months and I finally got it in me to feed Zoe solids. We probably could have started a tad bit earlier but it was just pure laziness on my part. In all honesty this is not my favorite phase. Just the whole figuring out how to eat, separate feedings from the rest of us, food prep (because i already have 5 million other things going on in the kitchen), and mess. Then as I type this I realize I need to bite my tongue because the learning phase doesn't take that long and this could be the last time I teach a baby to eat.

Now after all that complaining, Zoe has been eating for about 2 weeks, and has been the easiest first time eater out of all 3 kiddos. It was a slightly rough start as she was just not happy to sit in her high chair. The first time we sat her in it she screamed and so we thought she just wasn't ready. We attributed the melt down to bad timing and tiredness so we figured we would start again the next day. But when I picked her out of the high chair she immediately quieted down, so I figured I would feed her while holding her. The little stinker was as happy as can be and took to eating her mashed up avacado like a champ. Since that first feeding she still isn't so keen on the high chair but does great in the bumbo, so that is what we use for now. I'm just happy she is content in the bumbo because holding a 20 pound baby on one side while feeding her is not my idea of fun!

You would think we were torturing her from this picture...poor Zoe!
Much better now that mommy is holding me

She has taken to eating all the food we introduce to her. Which include avacados, sweet potatoes, applesauce, carrots, bananas, peaches and rice cereal. She wasn't thrilled about the green beans...I don't blame her I tried them and they were not very appetizing. She is up to 3 meals a day already and boy can she put down the food! She is a chunky monkey already so I am just waiting for those roles to multiply now that we have started solids.

No comments: