Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Year

It's been just a little over a year since our move back to Peoria. It's amazing how it takes about 1 year to start feeling settled. Even when moving back to our hometown there are so many transitions. New schools, balancing our family gatherings, making a house a home, finding out about all the kids activities available, getting to know the neighbors, getting back with old friends and making new ones, and adjusting to Charlie traveling again.

The transition process seems to take longer with every move we make. Which I'm sure is attributed to more kids as well as more stuff....we definitley have more stuff. We do miss so many things about Fort McMurray...who would have thought! But mostly we miss the people, our friends that became our family during our stay up there. At least once a week Aniela brings up Fort Mac and her friends. She says she wants to go back and visit. A few months back she even said she wanted to move back. I asked her if she would miss the grandparents and cousins here and she just told me that they could come with us.

I always look at the positive in moving and know someday it will be upon us again. For now though I am enjoying feeling settled, having our real family close by, and enjoying friends that we don't usually live by.

1 comment:

Pam said...

We're glad you're back! We loved visiting Fort Mac but really are enjoying our family being closer! I FINALLY had one grandchild born in Peoria! Love it!

Granny and Grandpa