We have officially begun the fun of moving and it is the fastest move we have done to date! The moving company came out to survey the house on Wednesday and by Thursday they had delivered the boxes, measured some items to be crated and even started packing up the basement. Although our official move date is not until August 16th they figured a little head start wouldn't hurt. Reality sure set in when I started seeing things go in boxes. So much so that Charlie and I spent all day Thursday taking down pictures on the walls, patching holes, stripping the guest beds, and cleaning up the outdoor flower pots. We leave for Peoria on Monday for a week of house hunting, which I am anxious to get underway. The sooner we find a house the better because when we return to Fort Mac we only have 2 days to get our stuff together before the packers return. Talk about fast!
So of course amongst all this chaos we have taken a little detour to Jasper. Crazy, I know, but we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Canadian Rockies one last time. Charlies boss had coordinated a trip with all the Caterpillar families months ago. We left on Friday and are having a great time sight seeing, canoeing on Maligne lake, going for long walks into town, enjoying the amazing wildlife, and hiking Mt. Edith Cavell to see Angel Glacier. We even saw a grizzly this time around. Most of all it is nice to have one last hurrah with all the wonderful Caterpillar families that work up here. Tomorrow we drive back to Edmonton to catch our flight out! I know one day we will return to this area but who knows how many years will come to pass. I hope these majestic mountains and serene forests will be just as they are when we return!
1 comment:
OK..let's start planning our next camping trip to Jasper! It is so beautiful and we have to make a return trip CANADA!
Post a Comment