Monday, August 2, 2010

Finishing Up Summer In Fort Mac...

We are enjoying our summer up here before the move. I think I will miss having a park so close by. In both Arizona and Fort McMurray we have been spoiled with having parks right in the neighborhood. I don't think we will get that in Peoria!

There's hardly a day that goes by that we don't visit the park and because of that Aniela gets a lot of practice. This summer she has mastered the monkey bars. It's amazing seeing her determination to make it across or swing her legs up so she can hang upside down. When she gets it in her mind to do something she definitely does it! Charles addiction on the other hand is the swing. It's the very first thing we do and he could be in them the whole time. The only problem is that I get tired of the swing! Thankfully he doesn't throw too big of a tantrum when I make him get out.

On other sunny days we fill up our kiddie pool and hang out in the backyard. Aniela and Charles love splashing around, running through the sprinklers, blowing bubbles, and playing in the sandbox. Although I think their favorite part is enjoying a nice cold ice cream cone or popsicle. Although just between you and me...it's my favorite part too!

I have also decided I am not going to buy anymore toys. There is no point. My kids would rather play in the closets. Especially Charles, he loves shoes, must take after his Aunt Danuta! It's kind of sad when my son can walk in heels better than me. For that matter I think he has now worn my high-heeled shoes more times than me! Then there is the attraction to the linen closet. I store extra toiletries in there: paper towels, toilet paper, diapers, wipes, etc... Well Charles has discovered how to open the door and loves taking out every item. He either builds something with it or throws things down the stairs. I don't know what it is, but he finds watching toilet paper tumble down the stairs quite humorous.
It's probably more the fact that he isn't allowed to
throw things down the stairs that's appealing.



And here is some more videos of our dancing duo. I know I have done dancing videos before but what can I say...our kids love to dance! We turn up the music every night and they just bust a move till it's bedtime. I had to capture it on video so below is a little clip. Of course when the camera comes out I can never catch the good moves these two can put on but at least it's something. Charles is also notorious for what we call his "rock out" face. He scrunches his face and pushes his lips out and nods his head vigorously. We don't know where he got it from but it's adorable!





1 comment:

tod said...

OK guys, tell Charles Granny and Grandpa will have show him how to toilet paper a house and we also will be putting a lock on the pantry door! Aniela, a visit to the park followed by ice cream at Granny's Place is happening for sure. Time to get down and shake that booty 'cause you're moving back. Babies got back, eh?
Love you!
Granny and Grandpa :)