Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Starting the Garden...


The weather was beautiful last weekend so we decided to plant our garden. It's not big by any means but it's amazing how much you can squeeze into a small space. Last year we got a late start so we hope that this years "harvest" is better. After the garden, Aniela helped me fill our flower boxes in the front of the house. She even has her own little pot that she is responsible for. She gets so mad if I water it, stating that it's her responsibility and only she can do it. Let's hope she is always so driven to care for things! After all the hard work, we enjoyed one of many future lunches on the deck. Ahh...I love spring!




2 comments:

tod said...

Gotta get some pickles for your visit. Who is going to water the garden while you are "down under?"

Pam wants you to bring some herbs.

Chelsea said...

I'm excited to do some veggies this year too. I had great luck with my tomato pots last year. I have been holding off planting that stuff since we had another cold spell this week. Today it finally warmed up and stopped raining, but you never know in Alberta. The next snow could be just around the corner! :o)