Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pre-school comes to a close...


Last night Aniela had her end of year pre-school concert. I can't believe how quickly the time went. The kids performed songs and recieved their certificates for finishing the school year successfully. They do such a great job at Thickwood Pre-School and do so many special things throughout the year. I especially loved recieving a scrap-book binder that the teachers have been compiling throughout the year of each individual kid. It was so nice going through it last night and seeing all the crafts, pictures, and memories of Anielas school year.

It has also been amazing to see how much our little girl has changed since the beginning of the year. She is not only bigger but is now able to use scissors, write her name, and is improving immensley at letter and number recognition. I know Aniela will miss her teachers and class but I'm sure all the summer activities will keep her preoccupied till she returns in the fall!

With the school year coming to an end I also wanted to share an adorable teacher appreciation gift that I got from:

beneathmyheart.blogspot.com

The pictures and poem are provided from the above mentioned blogsite since I didn't think to take pictures of my gift bags until now. Both of Aniela's teachers loved it so much that I just had to share this great idea!

1) Purchase an assortment of mint chocolates, candies, gum, etc... and place in a bag or container of your choice:

[IMG_6459[4].jpg]


2) Print out this adorable poem:

Thanks for your commit-"mint" to help me learn.
Thanks for your encourage-"mint" to always do my best.
Thanks for your involve-"mint" in my life.
Thanks for your invest-"mint" of time and energy
to make school such a great place to be.
Thanks for making each day an enjoy-"mint".
Thanks for helping to create a nice environ-"mint"
for me to learn and grow.

Everything you have done this year
has really “mint” a lot to me!!!

3) And attatch to the bag with a ribbon

[IMG_6462[4].jpg]


I just love this idea because you can use different colored paper and ribbon to make it your own. It's also one of those affordable yet thoughtful gifts. Thanks for the idea "beneathmyheart.blogspot.com"!

1 comment:

tod said...

Congratulations to the Thickwood Class of 2010! I can't wait to hug the graduates.