Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dziadek vs. the Canadian Rockies

On February 5th my dad flew up to visit and I have been very busy ever since! We decided to take advantage of his visit and go skiing in Jasper. We ended up meeting him in Edmonton and from there we headed to Jasper. Given that he has already seen Fort McMurray we thought it would be nice to have him experience the Canadian Rockies for part of his trip. We couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend. We enjoyed sunny days, temperatures just above freezing, majestic mountain views, and some awesome skiing! The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at made all the difference. We had a full basement to ourselves with 3 bedrooms, a separate common area, and kitchenette. It was nice to be able to put the kids to bed and enjoy some adult drinks and conversation without whispering in fear of waking them up.

After Jasper we packed up the car and headed home. The kids did amazing on the 9 hour drive, especially with dziadek in the car to keep us entertained! The week that followed was filled with lots of play time and spoiling. It was amazing to just spend time with my dad and have Aniela and Charles bond with him. I took full advantage of being able to leave Charles at home while I drove Aniela to her various activities. We also were able to get out to the local ski hill where Aniela had a blast skiing with dziadek. My dad even treated me to Sushi as an early birthday present. I was in heaven! Thank you dad for coming up to visit. It really meant so much to us and the kids.


Since my dad has left we have been going non-stop. Which is probably a good thing since it keeps my mind off of him being gone and realizing how much we miss out on being far away from family. Between auction dinners, valentines parties, skating play dates, and scheduled weekly activities there aren't enough minutes during the day! I hope to get back on track with blogging but probably not until after the start of March because we are heading to Hawaii! I will be busy packing and getting things ready in the week ahead. Oh I can't wait for sun and sand. We leave on the 1st!

1 comment:

tod said...

A new blog! After checking three times an hour, 18 hours a day, for the past 30 days ... now all you got are pictures that make me jealous that I didn't come up with your dad. Hope the kids saved some hugs for me ... looks like they gave him more than his fair share of lovin'.