Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Big 3-0!!


I'm officially 30 and loving it! Whats not to celebrate. It's been an amazing 30 years and I look forward to the journey ahead. I have been blessed with so many things but most of all with the best family and friends anyone could ask for.

It has been a perfect day, the kids let me sleep till 7! I bummed around in my pajamas till 10. I then had a quick work-out, shower and did a little shopping for the most amazing pair of jeans. They are the Oprah acclaimed: "Not Your Daughters Jeans!" Now I see why Oprah features certain products....they are fabulous. The price was not so fabulous, but taking some previous advice from my good friend Chelsea, it's all about price-per-wear and us stay at home moms wear a lot of jeans!

When Charlie got home from work he surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of roses. For dinner we had one of my favorites...Swiss Fondue, with smoked salmon and crispy french bread. Of course no birthday in the Watts household would be complete without birthday cake and Charlie did not fail to deliver. He even brought me a little cheesecake sampler because he knows it's one of my favorites! After that meal I hope I can still fit into my bathing suit for Hawaii. Thank you everyone for the wishes, cards, and gifts. I am one lucky 30 year old!

4 comments:

The Dynda's said...

I LOVE YOU. happy birthday

Marta said...

Love you too sis!

tod said...

Oh man, I sure hope there is some of that cake left over so you can bring some on your home leave.

It wouldn't be so much trouble carrying me a piece or two through the airport and customs ... along with 10 pieces of luggage, two kids and a stroller or two.

Have fun in Hawaii. I can't wait to see some pix of that string bikini.

tod said...

Oh yeah, I suppose I should have said "Happy Birthday," but technically your birthday was yesterday, so today's not your birthday ... if fact, you are low man on the birthday totem pole. I'll wish you Happy Birthday next year, ok ... particularly if you bring me a couple pieces of this year's cake.