Aniela has started preschool! Last week was orientation week where I was able to stay with her, meet the teachers, become familiar with the room and see what a typical day would be like for the kids. It was so fun to watch Aniela's excitement when she hung up her backpack and coat on her designated hook and then met the other kids on the magic carpet where they sang a special song to start the day. The kids proceeded around the classroom where the teachers explained what each station was for. Throughout the morning the kids will be able to play freely, have special project times, a snack time, and then wind down the day with helping clean up and a story. The theme to the preschool is learning through play which is so important because after all you're only a kid once and she will have the rest of her life to be drilled in school! It is also nice that the preschool is just a 5 minute drive from our house so I will be able
to maximize my 2 hours with one less kid and either run errands or get some things done
around the house. She also has been doing great this week when I did the whole dropping off and leaving scenerio. She is pretty independent and considering she barely even realized I was in the class during orientation I didn't anticipate any seperation anxiety. Sure enough she did awesome and couldn't wait to jump in the classroom and start her morning. When I came to pick her up I loved being greeted with a huge hug and smile. I think it's going to be a great experience for her!
The fun continued this week with Aniela's first ever dance class! The local college has a dance program for toddlers that introduces them to dance. It was exactly what I was looking for since it was the first time I put Aniela in dance and I didn't want to spend a fortune in case she didn't like it. The class lasts till next May, there are no specific outfit requirements, and there is a recital at the end of the year. The recital costume is even included in the registration price and they get to keep it after! Like preschool she has some of her friends in class with her which makes things that much more fun. It was so cute to watch her twirl around pretending to be a ballerina with the other kids in the class.
2 comments:
Gotta love a ballerina ... I mean, an educated dancer and she's only three years old!
I hear her father in kinda light on his toes also.
i love the outfit...so precious;)
Post a Comment