Saturday, March 21, 2009

It may not be spring..

but we still gotta get out. Living in Fort McMurray I have learned that no matter how cold it is or how much snow is on the ground it is important to get out of the house. I would go crazy if we didn't!! Of course that's easier said than done with all the gear that needs to be donned in order to go outside. Combine that with hauling around an 18 pound (20 after you add the car seat) 4 month old and by the end of our outings I feel like I hit the gym. No need for weight training here. These last few weeks have been especially hard. As I hear family and friends talk about the rising temperatures and feeling of Spring in the air I have to be honest I am
envious. I know boo hoo..but hey I gotta vent sometime! I try not to hang out in my pity party to long because as they say, " The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. The grass is greener where you water it." Although if I could see grass maybe it would be easier to water...ha! Either way here are a few pics of what we do around here to try and make our grass a little greener...

Go meet our friends at the Boys and Girls club on Mondays and Wednesdays
Go to story time at the Library on Tuesdays

Do death defying tricks almost everyday

Make the gingerbread house that we didn't get around to at Christmas

Lick the brownie bowl...mmm mommies favorite too!

Get bundled up and go for walks

Gotta work off the brownies somehow...and yes there is still that much snow on the ground!

And well this is sometimes how we feel about the long winters!

6 comments:

Susanna said...

I love the baby! He is so cute! And his big sister knows some awesome tricks! See you in a month and cannot wait...

Chelsea said...

You "said" it Charles!! I feel that way about Winter too! Our snow is finally starting to melt a bit. Let the slush begin....

Can't wait to see you all next week!

Our Family said...

I can not believe how much snow you all have still! Kids look great!

tod said...

I think I got a little bit too much sun during our sunny two day campout ... sorry, but true.

Can't wait to get you all here to enjoy you all while you are enjoying our Spring weather.

We don't need no stinkin' snow here so leave it where it lies, ok?

The Dynda's said...

i am so glad the hat and gloves fit!!! he so looks like staszek, don't send him any pictures, or else he is going to take credit...you know how staszek is;)

Jeff and Sonya said...

I feel you sista! I got a chuckle out of the gingerbread house. Life changes a lot with 2. I thought that was the biggest adjustment - going from 1 to 2. The rest are cake. Little Charles is SOOOOOOO CUUUUUTE!