Sunday, April 22, 2007

Milk does a body good!!

Today was Aniela's first official day of whole milk. No more formula!! She's only a few weeks shy of a year and I decided that it would be a good idea to try milk now so if any issues arose we would have a familiar doctor to help us out. She did fairly well with it. I think it was more the fact that I didn't give it in a bottle, than the actual milk taste, that made her drink it with apprehension. Most of the day she just took sips out of the cup and then very persistently showed me the sign for milk as though what I had given her was not the real thing. I just kept showing her the sippy cup and signing milk right back to her. At the end of the day, having drank only about 10 ounces of milk, I buckled and gave her the milk in a bottle before her bedtime. Probably not a good habit to have but at least she drank the whole bottle. And I proved my theory of bottle vs. taste correct!! Plus she has been used to drinking from her bottle three times a day, including one right before bedtime. Taking that into account I think she did very well and one bottle before bed won't be to bad to wean her from...although she is stubborn like her dad!!

No comments: