In the meantime Aniela and I are keeping plenty busy. This morning we went running at Freestone Park. It is my official running site and where I have done all my training for recent races. Pictured above is the pa
rk. It's a beautiful place with a little amusement section, a train that kids and adults can take a ride on and tour the park, 3 jungle gym play areas, a few lakes, water falls, ducks to feed, and of course palm trees!! I think I am going to miss the palm trees. Who wouldn't want to run in a place like that!! For those of you who don't know I have become addicted to running and doing races. Last September I met a running partner, Jen, and us 2 crazy moms have done a number of runs throughout the year including my first half marathon this last January. And of course Aniela loves to come along with mom, she does very well in her stroller. I will definantly miss the weather out here. You can be outside the whole year, its almost always sunny, and the sidewalks are so wide and smooth!! Ideal for a jogging stroller. Guess I'll just have to take up cross country skiing in Canada. Although I have found out that there is a local running club in Ft. McMurray so I think I will get my running fix in, I'll just have to layer up...a lot!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment