This past weekend Charlie and I took a quick long weekend to New Orleans while the kids and dog were safe and sound with the grandparents! It was a last minute getaway and we loved just getting some time to ourselves. I had never been to New Orleans and couldn't wait to finally visit the city famous for good food, good music, and good fun. Charlie frequented many times in his younger years and I had heard great stories from the Watts side of the family about New Orleans. I was not disappointed and loved the city. There was so much to see and do. So many people to watch and although bourbon street was a blast to walk down, there was so much more to New Orleans than that. The restaurants, architecture, and jazz were awesome. As we walked around the french quarter I couldn't help but feel like I was in a small town in Europe, with the cascading ferns and plants hanging from balconies. And of course the food was unbelievable. We were able to stay just a few blocks from the french quarter so it was easy to come back and take a break from all the walking and sightseeing. Another plus to the trip was visiting my friend, Alex, who is a chef at NOLA. We sat at the food bar where she was stationed that night and got extra special treats throughout the night. It was delicious. The trip was just what we needed and I can't wait to go back some day!
| Our Hotel |
| Shrimp and Crawfish boil...the first thing we got when we checked into the hotel |
| It's a little hard not to drink in this town! Yummy slushy beverages :-) |
| The famous Bourbon street |
| Cafe Du Monde |
| We may have eaten beignets more than once while there! |
| Always a party on Bourbon street |
| Random Bachelor party. They had their own police escort and marching band! |
| Hurricanes were tasty. Hey gotta stay hydrated right? |
| Concert at preservation hall. No other music experience like it. |
| When you live in the midwest and visit a coastal city it's seafood only for us |
| I may have requested a few bead necklaces...although no flashing required when it's not Mardi Gras...ha! |
| Picking up some souvenirs |
| Lots of music everywhere you walk |
| Poboys were also on the list of food to get for us |
| Our treat from Alex at Nola |
| Alex and I. So glad I got a chance to see her during our visit! |
| Lunch at the famous Commanders Palace |
| Commanders had the most amazing food and it was fun to experience such an upscale place. They even sweep the bread crumbs off your table. |
| All the pictures I had seen about cemeteries in New Orleans don't do them justice. They truly are beautiful and unique |
| At our hotel |
| Our last night in town we hit a local jazz club for some music and beers |
| Of course we couldn't come back empty handed.. missed our 3 troubles! |
1 comment:
Oh man, I can taste the beignets and the hurricanes just looking at the pictures.
As the old song goes, "Do You Miss New Orleans?"
Post a Comment