Well another year has passed and is it just me or do they come around faster the older you get? It truly is ironic that when your little you can't wait to grow up and when your finally grown up you just want time to slow down! Such is life. I'm trying hard to embrace the signs of an aging body. The increasing number of grey hairs, wrinkles, and greater amount of aches and pains when I go running.
Then the other day Charlie mentioned how nice I looked and that he liked my make-up. He truly was being so sweet. Many would think this comment wasn't a big deal. Yet not too long ago there was a time that Charlie would dislike when I put on makeup. Commenting how beautiful I looked without it. Yep, looks like I need a little help now...ha.
That being said...I had a wonderful day (or 2) celebrating. Since my birthday falls on monday we did the big dinner and cake celebration on Sunday. We had fondue and the kids helped decorate a cookie cake for dessert which of course we had with ice cream. I was onslaught with tons of gifts, calls and well wishes that made my day special. I have the most amazing family and friends that fill my life with so much meaning. Bring on 34!
1 comment:
Hope you saved some of that birthday cookie for Grandpa ... been a long time on the road without some fattening treats. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment