Aniela just started tumbling class a few weeks ago. She had been begging to do gymnastics for so long that we finally caved and decided to start out with tumbling. She just loves it and works so hard during class. Today they introduced a new piece of equipment, the climbing rope. Oh man did that bring back memories of gym class....and not very good ones! I can picture myself hanging there like a sack of potatoes wiggling around just trying to muster going up the rope.
It was interesting watching the kids attempt the climb, they really are strong. Most were able to make it up almost half way so when Aniela got on I figured she would do a similar distance. Well you can imagine my surprise, and pride, when she started to climb and kept going! I knew she had good upper body strength given that she can do pull-ups like she's a navy seal, but it's a totally different type of equipment so I wasn't sure she could make it to the top...but she totally did. It was awesome. She even did it 2 more times after that. The best was seeing her determination and how proud she was to be the only one in her class to get to the top...so cool!
2 comments:
Holy toledo Batman ... look at Bat Girl climb that rope.
Well, I guess we could have expected this ... her father spent most of his childhood in trees and on the roof of our house.
Speaking of which, does Aniela clean gutters?
Post a Comment