Thursday, March 22, 2012

Where In The World is Charlie?...

The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)


Charlie flew out last Friday to Africa for yet another adventure. He is helping out a coworker at a Freeport (mining company) site. It is about 110 miles northwest of the city of Lubumbashi (see map below). He sure goes to the craziest places! Unfortunately this one is also not the safest since the DRC continues to face much political and economic instability. I try not to dwell on it too much and just pray for a successful and safe trip! Due to poor Internet and communication I have no pictures to post yet but upon Charlies return I will be sure to do an update. He is gone till next Tuesday and I am very thankful for the nice weather so that we can keep busy with plenty of outdoor activities.


  • Town of Lubumbashi (toward the south)
  • Tenke Fungurume is the actual name of the mine where Charlie is staying during his trip. A "fun" 4 hour car ride on dirt roads.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Marta....we are safe in Mongomery Al. Long day. Lots of horrible wrecks. Take care