Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten...



Aniela started Kindergarten today. I can't believe this milestone is here. I told myself I wouldn't get emotional but did....it is, after all, my first baby going off to school.Who knows by the time Charles and Zoe start I will be used to it...maybe...ok probably not!

She is attending Wilder Waite through the public school system. We are lucky to live in an excellent school district...with Wilder Waite rated among one of the top in the nation. It is also only a half day program since they have grown so much in population. Our neighborhood was placed for afternoon kindergarten. At first I was disappointed but then I realized how nice it will be to have relaxing mornings. Plus I figure her life will encompass the rigors of school before we know it...so one more year of having my little girl home in the mornings will be nice.


Aniela was originally going to be riding the bus. But when I found out she was going to be picked up an hour before school started I was not to thrilled. Eating lunch at 10:00 was just not going to work out. So my neighbor, Kelly, and I are going to take turns carpooling in the mornings. Her daughter Kelsey and Aniela are fast becoming good friends and whats more is Kelly and I graduated high school together...small world! Aniela will be riding the bus home...only a 15 minute ride. She is so excited...the smile on her face when she came off the bus was priceless.


Riding the bus home for the first time

Kelsey and Aniela

Future posts of Kindergarten adventures to come....

2 comments:

Pam said...

We can't believe how grown-up she is! Way to go Aniela...only 16 or so more years to go!!! :)

Lots of love,
Granny and Grandpa

Chelsea said...

So cute! All grown up!! I know, I always cry on the first day of school too.... and the last day.... and any events that involve kids singing, like Christmas pageants... ha! Just part of being a mom I guess. :)