
When we returned from Hawaii the snow had completely melted. We were excited for the warming temperatures and even made it to the park a few times. Though having experienced spring in Fort McMurray before, I had my doubts that the white stuff was gone for good. Those doubts were justified when we received a few more dumps of snow these past few weeks. In fact we got enough snow to get out the shovels and winter gear again. The plus to all the spring snow is that Aniela was able to finish her ski lessons. We all went out to the hill Sunday to get some skiing in on her last day. Given that I usually stay home with Charles I was excited to ski with my little girl and see how much she has progressed over the winter season. I was so proud of her as she lead the way down the slopes showing me how to turn. She has so much control on the hill and most of all really loves to ski. I was bummed that I forgot my camera on the slopes because at one point I was able to catch up with her ski class and watch her in action. Regardless the video above was of the previous ski day when Charlie took her down a few more times after lessons. As for Charles, the picture below explains it all. He really wanted to get in on the action too...maybe next year!

The last day of ski lessons also came with amazing weather. The temperatures were in the upper 50's and it's been warmer all week. The snow is melting fast again and I hope that it's gone for good. I'm ready for walks to the park, running in shorts and especially no coats and hats. Unfortunately until May arrives there is always a chance of snow...i'm keeping my fingers crossed!
1 comment:
Oh man, Charles lost his skiis!!!!
Aniela, you are skiing like a pro! Winter Olympics 2022, here we come! Get grandpa good tickets for the downhill!
Post a Comment