Monday, March 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It's so good to be home. The trip was great but were ready to get back into a routine!! Aniela is doing good adjusting to being back. She is getting much better at walking behind her push cart and has figured out how to open cabinets.... reorganizing everything inside!!! We also have to be careful of what we take out in front of her because she will want it right away and throws a little mini-tantrum if she can't have it. Shes getting too smart for her own good!! Are 10 month olds supposed to throw tantrums already? I have a feeling she is going to be a handful!! We are keeping busy with trying to sell the house, and as anyone knows whose sold a house before..it gets tiring trying to keep it clean for showings. On top of that add a 10 month old who likes to throw everything off the highchair onto non-forgiving white tiles...not fun.

Aside from cleaning contantly I am also having a blast shopping for new house stuff. Our future house is larger and has 2-1/2 more bathrooms so I decided to do my shopping here. Ft. McMurray is a lot smaller of a town so my home store options are limited, plus its much cheaper to do it in the states. I myself am not a shopper but love any kind of home shopping. The wheels are constantly turning on where I am going to put furniture, paintings, rugs...so fun!!!

On the other side of things Charlie is having a blast with his John Deere tractor. When he bought it a month ago or so it was running and looked great. But of course since it is an older classic tractor Charlie just had to do some maintenance on it. So now he has it stripped to the frame, the engine is in a wheel barrow so he can degrease it, and all the remaining parts are sprawled over the garage floor. I just hope it runs when everything is put back together!!!! Good thing he has a buddy in town who is well versed in John Deere tractors!

The day it was bought.......


















The tractor now !!

3 comments:

tod said...

50-50 chance that the tractor will ever run again. Ha! Get it back together Charlie!

Marta said...

Those are pretty generous odds!!!

Susanna said...

I always knew my brother had trouble keeping it together!