Monday, March 19, 2007

Canada..here we come!!

We made it safely to Ft. McMurray!! What a trip. Aniela was such a trooper. She is a seasoned traveler but never experienced a day long event like this. We headed out at 4:30 am on Sunday morning to make the 6:00 flight to Salt Lake city. From Salt Lake we had a 2 hour layover and then it was off to Edmonton, Canada. In Edmonton we had a 3 hour layover and delayed flight into Ft. McMurray. We finally made it to our destination at 7pm. Thank goodness for graham crackers, cheerios, fish crackers, and nutri-grain bars. Hey I know its not the healthiest in the world but if it keeps her from screaming at the top of her lungs then keep'em coming! We were also fortunate enough to fly first class to Salt Lake followed by Aniela having her own seat to Edmonton. I was hesitant of the first class situation. Can you imagine if you sat in first class where you expect the best and quietest of services. Then all of a sudden you see an infant sitting next to you who surely is bound to scream the whole way. I would have given myself a dirty look too!!! Luckily she did great and even got a little nap in for part of the trip. We look forward to seeing our house this week and exploring the town. Most of all we want to know how cold it really is up here!!! I'll be sure to send pics soon.


3 comments:

tod said...

Loonies and Toonies

tod said...

Hey, we miss you guys! I used you all in my math class today. In Phoenix 101 degrees to - 15 degrees low in Ft. McMurray... a 116 degree drop, eh? So goes the math. It is supposed to be 39 degrees tomorrow up there. Hurrah! Love you, Pam

Susanna said...

I want Aniela's life. She can come here- I'm sure Rebecca can take care of all of them....